Who we’re looking for.
ARD is in search of a Materials Manager that will be responsible for planning, directing or coordinating the process of buying materials, products and services.
- Ensure material availability issues are proactively managed in a manner that does not impact production.
- Ensure all scheduled events are occurring in a timely manner (i.e. Sending of: releases, ASNs, pull sheets, cycle counts, etc.)
- Establish and follow procedures that will assure that all premium freight costs are minimized.
- Establish and follow procedures that will assure that material shortages do not impact production.
- Eliminate obsolescence, develop & implement procedures to insure obsolescence are minimized or eliminated.
- Ensure that the materials team operates within its approved budget.
- Provide professional customer service as direct liaison to customers from a materials perspective.
- Provide Measurable data in various formats (charts, graphs, etc.).
- Assure that material processes are in place and being followed at all times.
- Provide direction and support to supervisory personnel in their responsibilities.
- To facilitate the use of manpower in an efficient and effective manner.
- To assure the use of quality policies, safety protocol, pull systems, JIT manufacturing, WPO, new program development and ISO standards at all times.
- To track manpower and maintenance schedules with accumulated paperwork.
- Oversee raises and hiring of materials personnel.
- Provide effective communication between internal departments using e-mail and other written documentation.
- Drive the use of CIT to eliminate waste and make process improvements.
- Ensure all material is being rotated in compliance with FIFO process.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred in a technical, business, or financial discipline preferred.
• 3 years experience in a JIT company, 5 years experience preferred.
• Previous materials scheduling experience required.
• Experience in more than one of the following: QAD/MFG-Pro, Materials Scheduling, Problem Solving (8-D), Kiazen, Lean Manufacturing, Error Proofing, Launch experience
We're always looking for new people to join our team of game-changers and problem-solvers. If this looks like the position for you, feel free to drop us your resume and cover letter to start the conversation.