Continuous Improvement Engineer
Who we’re looking for.
ARD is looking to hire a Continuous Improvement Engineer to assist in plant operations and lead initiatives on manufacturing efficiency using sound continuous improvement techniques. We’re looking for someone who is intensely collaborative, passionately focused on the customer’s needs, and possesses a relentless drive to win.
- Be a “leader of change”. This person must be comfortable working with all levels within the organization. They must be able to question the status quo and be a strong communicator.
- Will be responsible for managing and leading continuous improvement projects, as well as mentoring and coaching green belts and others.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Manage a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater valve; implements such tools as: 5S, KPI, and Kaizen.
- Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvements; mentor green belts.
- Implements a formal six sigma program that focuses on reducing process and product variation. Implements such tools as: SPC, Process Capability, Pareto analysis.
- Trains, coaches and motivates personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
- Drives the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
- Conduct training pertaining to Health, Safety, and Environmental.
Qualified applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and/or at least 5 years of experience within a manufacturing environment. Applicants should also possess technical capacity and organizational skills, time management and communication proficiency, and strategic thinking processes.
We're always looking for new people to join our team of game-changers and problem-solvers. If this looks like the position for you, feel free to drop us your resume and cover letter to start the conversation.