IT Support Specialist
Who we’re looking for.
The Information Technology Support Specialist will provide direct technical assistance and support for network, hardware and software issues. Duties include installing and maintaining computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one technical assistance as needed/requested, providing training to staff on software and hardware use,
determining causes of computer/software/network malfunctions through evaluation and testing and resolution via modifications, repair, or external support assistance.
This is a continuous appointment, initially lasting up to 6 months with the potential to go beyond that. Increased summer hours may be available.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to vendors. Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for
- Contribute to technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards
- Consult with vendors, perform research and evaluate products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of
- Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software
- Provide backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless access
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with
- Perform other duties/projects as
- Minimum of six months paid or volunteer work experience with computer desktop support in a networked environment for a small to mid-sized
- Must be available to work a minimum of 10-16 hours per
- Must be available and willing to commit at least six (6) months initially for an internship.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate level degree in a business, communications or computer related field
- Minimum of two years of college or trade school education in a business, communications or computer related
- A basic understanding of computer network cabling and network file and print
- A GPA of 0 or above.
- Must be able to lift 25
- Proficiency in computer applications:
- Microsoft Excel – Manipulation of data; transferring data; development of charts and tables
- Microsoft Word – Entering and formatting text; inserting charts, tables, and other visuals
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Creating and editing slides; inserting text, charts, tables, and visuals
- Conducting research via internet
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high- performing team
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or
- Ability to develop, maintain, and promote strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to maintain professional (business casual) dress and
We're always looking for new people to join our team of game-changers and problem-solvers. If this looks like the position for you, feel free to drop us your resume and cover letter to start the conversation.